Blogging Maddness!!!

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Poems

Haiku
When I go to look
There are no poems
In the said folder

Original-
Relaxtion time
It's the Fridays that we love
An evening so fine

Rewrite
It is relaxing
An evening just for napping
Stress-less with snoring
Limerick
There was a limerick here, I swore
Whereas I did so much adore
I'm losing my mind and my hair
And I'm saying that it's not fair
But this assignment I cannot ignore.

Original-
There's a dirty mouthed kid named Tuck
Who at every chance possible snuck
a nasty little word
Into any poem he could
Almost always with the word fuck

Rewrite Limerick
There's a dirty mouthed kid named Tuck
Who at every possible chance snuck
A nasty and bad word
Into every poem he heard
Almost always with the word Butt...


Free-verse
...I found them at the top of my head... nuff' said.


Original Picture poem
Melting!
All I do when I think about you...
You make me weak in the knees,
and make my heart race.
Melting!
Just let me dissolve, Please!
beating a fast pace
You send me in to the sky
I'm flying higher, than ever before!

Rewrite Picture poem
Melting!
It's what happens to my heart, whenever you're around
Quietly it starts, then nothing else makes a sound
My heart skips it's original tempo just to be with you
Until everything in my body turns to see too
Why, you make me breakdown and fill my chest
With this crazy burning feeling that I love best
Maybe god is seeing if I can take his test
Of loving you, and if I'm worthy see?
But I may not be able to control this me
As you take me to bliss sending me into the sky
And make me forget about all the fakeness and lies
But it's alright because you're here when I fly


"Snow"
Where we are snow is lulled over
But try to look through foreign eyes
A phenomenon that isn't proper
The fluffy that falls from skies.

Rewrite "Snow"
Up in the north the snow is hated
Coming back unannounced
When it's welcome is outdated
As it's always denounced
Original Cultural Refrence poem.
Who am I?
No...
I'm not that youtube guy
What?
I'm not fine, I just came from the dentist
Crazy...
Screaming locked in my seat, trying to make reason of why did that just happen.
Then who?
I'm not skilled at all...
Nope...
I can't fish, All I've got is an old rod
What do you want to be...?
I wanna be, the very best like no one ever was.
I can't...
People say it's because I'm a comet, not a planet.
And that I'm not born to lead...
I hate responsibility...
I can't live without Lithium...
Make me forget...
Call my name everyday, when I feel so helpless...
Wait until I learned...
Who am I...?
To what color am I dyed? The color that changes under different light?
I'm myself, knowing what nobody else knows
In my world..
I am the one who knows me best
In my world
I am a dancing samurai
Yes...
Continuing all the night
Swinging my hips forever,
Dancing My Caramelldansen way.

Rewrite Cultural Reference poem
Who am I you ask?
I may only have the skill of an old rod
But I understand that I'll evolve someday
So don't be surprised if I become a dragon
Because I wanna be the very best
Like no-one ever was...
But I doubt this is possible
Because this is Just a Game
And one I plan on playing happily
As opposed to effortly
The World is Mine
And anything is possible
If I choose it to be
I Will be The Dancing Samurai
Swinging my hips forever,
Dancing My Caramelldansen way.

3 comments:

Asian08 said...

Emmett, I really like your 'picture poem'! haha, it's so cute! Is it to NW? ;P ^^ great job!!!!

Anna Prohofsky said...

Your writing skill is evident in the way you are able to write funny cheerful poems but also serious and deep ones with equal skill.

Prototype said...

Melting! is my ice cream cone!
But i know how you feel, dood.
Love does funny things to your heart. and your word choice is great.... as you for your remark about being the dancing samurai...well i'll stay quiet there.