Blogging Maddness!!!

Thursday, February 24, 2011

"Demonstrate and Explain"

First up, myself (Sketch I)
It's easy right? just go up and show'em what you brought, it's nothing too impressive and nothing too boring, it's the right amount. With trembling hands I take out the toy of my past and give it alittle rub to shine it. Before I'm able to say anything Carl says "Woah, that's awesome." Ok that's good I have somebody on my side. But why does that make me shake even more? I start with a line thats sure to get everyone's attention, or at least Mr. Cheng's. I notice my voice quiver subtely as I say "when I was a child, I fell under the 'asian boy stereotype' of somebody who used to love mechas and things like power rangers." I'm not doing too bad, I say to myself, there's only a couple drops of sweat this time, and they're behind my neck. I continue with my pesentation by giving alittle background info while taking apart the Spacecraft in my hand and start to fidget with the different parts, bending them this way and that, extending out an arm and leg. I've done this millions of times before, and allthough it's not as fast as I used to be, I'm impressed with the speed of myself. I wonder with an absent minded face and fleeting hands if anyone else is impressed with me. No, I think to myself, It's shameful to be proud of such a useless technique. After two megazord transformations I give a small bow and walked off shaking as the class applaused.
Self-Analysis:
Visual adjectives; Trembling, Shaking
Sense of Character; "shameful to be proud"

Second, Micheal Gratz's
"I hope I'm allowed to bring this," I ask Geneva. Taking out a rather large wooden Knife, I show it to my Friend. It's about a good 12 inches, but's completely wood, a tanish brown with it's grains just barely visable. The handle fits my grip perfectly as the splintery "blade" is almost twice the length of it's handle. What a drag... I was hoping that I wouldn't have to do this. Do I look nervous? It's not that I'm afraid of being judged, right? I begin to question myself, then softly shrug it off before it gets anywhere. I walk up casually to the front of the room, and begin my show and tell. "I brought this knife because It kind of reminds me of the last time our family went on a vaction." I twiddle the knife in my hands, twisting it between my thumbs and forefingers. The sharp side pointing up, forward, down, backward, pause... then down, forward, up, backwards. "It's kind of important to me because It was the last time I really got to hang out with my sister before she left for college... and my sister was really the only person in my family who I connected with." I looked at my feet for most of the time, my view never getting much higher than my knife. "So that's about it," After a short minute of spotlight I walk off. Yea I understand, it wasn't long, but I not one to get all mushy and deep... But I wish, just alittle bit, that I could have represented my sister alittle better.
Self-Anlysis:

No comments: